Sunday, January 6, 2008

...here, wiki, wiki...

....hmmmm, well I think I've managed to do a very simple post to the fake wiki, I've read about wikis and looked at other wikis and I just don't see what all the fuss is about. It just seems to be one big blog that anyone can mess with. All this virtual socializing seems so "cold" to me. Anyone can say anything about any subject, true or not, and there's no "warm-body" contact...no body language, no facial expression, no tone of voice to add to the message. I must truly be a dinosaur, 'cause i just can't seem to warm up to this virtual social network craze. I think it's a cop-out. Without the accountability of face-to-face interactions, people are "allowed" to say anything to anybody.... I fear that the "human" race is on the verge of losing it's collective conscience, and I fervantly hope that I will never live to see that actual day come to pass.

The thought makes me want to cry.

No comments: