Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Etherial Musings 1.1

...well, I decided to see if i remembered anything about tagging by adding another link to my "cloud"?...is that right? Anyway, I added a link that is about something very near and dear to my heart. In early August of 2002, my daughter and i were present at the foaling of my best friend's mare, Chantares, aka Chance. Less than a week later and after two emergency trips to a vet clinic across the water Chance was dead and the filly, dubbed "Kanga" due to an exclamation by my daughter(...Oh my god, look at those kangaroo legs!), was an orphan. It was a long, hard road we went down to keep that foal alive, accomplished in no small part by the frequent (hourly feedings) and unselfish (night and day) help of many local horse people in Poulsbo and the surrounding area. It truly does take a village.

In spite of her early setbacks, Kanga has turned into a beautiful, coming 6- year- old sale prospect, and that is where the link comes in. There is a nice write up about her on the website along with still shots and a short video. Check her out at http://www.toplinesporthorse.com/ in the sale prospects under "Bequest". Why Bequest, when you thought her name was Kanga? Under the rules of the registry (can't remember which one), foals must be officially named using the first initial of their sire. Kanga's sire is Beech Grove/Big Boy, so her name must begin with a "B". My friend chose to register Kanga under the name I suggested, Bequest, as she was Chance's gift to us.

1 comment:

krl2pt0 said...

she looks like she's come through her early travails quite well. and "clever over logs" - a good trait for all of us.

bc